Our new Yogic Life Skills Training Program offers a 6 week easy-entry path in to a more conscious lifestyle. It builds on skills learnt in our 7 day Explore Your ‘Self’ Retreat, which is held monthly (almost) and then expands through a residential 5 week stay at Anahata.
Looking to immerse yourself in a healthier, more conscious environment while gaining skills?
- Do you need opportunities for reflection, to connect with a simpler way of living and a break from the modern lifestyle?
- Are you looking for self-development and growth?
Then this 6 week training program will help you immensely.
1. Life at Anahata
Our days at Anahata Yoga Retreat are full, with daily morning chanting, Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation), guided meditation and karma yoga in one of our retreat departments (for example garden, kitchen or housekeeping). Throughout the week there are also Satsang (spiritual discussions), Hatha Yoga classes, Kirtan (singing mantras to music) and Havans (ancient fire ceremonies).
We have a commitment to personal growth and a willingness to live in a community environment. Most accommodation is shared and we practice together 3 – 4 times a day as a group, woven throughout the day. The days start early and are highly structured, so it can take some adjustment. We operate similarly to an ashram, so for 6 days out of every 7 there is a full programme throughout the day which all residents, sevaks and retreat guests participate in.
“Yogic Life Skills” Training Program Details
The first Yogic Life Skills Training Program starts with our Explore Your ‘Self’ retreat in January 2017. There are up to 5 places available for participants of the EYS to move through to the training program.
This 6-week program includes:
- the chance to be part of a community living a life of simplicity, mindfulness and service to support the growth and well being of all
- supported introduction to new areas of growth, responsibility and learning in a supported and accepting environment
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals per day, with brunch on Sundays
- participation in our regular daily schedule of programs including: Hatha Yoga (4 days per week), Mantra Yoga (chanting), Meditations, Yoga Nidra relaxation, and Karma Yoga (yoga of action and selfless service)
- mentorship and life skills development in areas such as:
- healthy cooking and kitchen management
- organic gardening and landscape design
- management experience
- maintenance and eco building
- admin and office assistance
- caring for a small retreat centre
Week 1: Start with our signature “Explore Your Self” foundational retreat
Participate in our foundational retreat, with an introduction to a broad range of yogic tools, practices and perspectives which support a more conscious lifestyle.
All weeks include participation in Anahata’s daily schedule of programs and classes alongside other residents and guests. Weeks 2-6 additionally include: a weekly theme, weekly group check-in with a centre teacher, and practices for guided self-study.
Week 2: Yogic Lifestyle Intro Week
Continue your explorations with a balance of karma yoga and personal development time to continue to process your experiences as you settle into the routine.
Weeks 3-6: Karma Yogi Integration Weeks
Karma Yoga practice and participation increases to approximately 5-6 hours per day, as you become more fully integrated with the team and the day-to-day operations of the retreat centre. This is a supported transition to service with expanding skills, roles and responsibilities.
There are also opportunities to extend your stay as a Karma Yogi or Sevak after the program ends if spaces are available.
Contact us for details or enquire during the program.
Program Total Investment: $1350 (includes 6 weeks shared accommodation, vegetarian meals, 1-week foundational retreat, and participation in Anahata’s daily schedule of programs and classes)
As a Yogic Life Skills participant, having enthusiasm and a sincere interest in experiencing a yogic lifestyle is important, and full attendance of practices and sessions is essential. This immersion into a yogic lifestyle is an amazing opportunity to take time out of the daily hustle and bustle and enter into a more balanced space.
Contact us for more details about this opportunity to develop your yogic adventure
ph 64 3 525 9887