Kriya Yoga is a practical experience using the chakras, pranic pathways, breathing practices, sound vibrations, psychic gestures and energy locks to unfold the subtle layers of one’s own being. Swami Muktibodha, author, international renowned yogacharaya and yoga practitioner since the age of 12, brings the ancient practice of Kriya Yoga to New Zealand.
The word kriya means 'activity' or 'movement' and refers to the activity or movement of consciousness. It involves a powerful combination of yoga, pranayama (breathing practices), mudra (psychic gestures), bandha (energy locks) and meditation and has the capacity to quickly evolve the practitioner.
This course will explore the chakras and energy pathways using the meditation exercises of Kriya Yoga and will be integrated with daily hatha yoga, relaxation and chanting classes in a stunning natural location. You will be initiated into the Kriyas in a safe way, with practical applications for your daily life.
Kriya Yoga is a doorway to self-reflection, helping the practitioner to understand the unconscious layers of the mind and its monkey nature, propounding a pathway to peace and well-being.
A distinctive feature of Kriya Yoga is that the concentration is not forced, but spontaneously arises as a consequence of the practice. With regular application of the techniques, an alignment of the physical, mental and energetic forces takes place, awakening a subtle perception of one’s own self. This change in perspective enhances the ability to manage outside events and experiences with more wisdom and balance.
Benefits of Kriya Yoga include:
- Purification of unconscious conditioning, gradually freeing the mind from negativity, fears, false ideas.
- Dynamic relaxation, which allows one to access hidden reservoirs of prana or vital energy.
- Access to and exploration of the deeper layers of the mind
- Fine tuning the awareness so that it becomes spontaneously one-pointed and tuned to the present moment.
- Reshaping the activities of the mind to eventually bring about a state of equanimity or tranquility
- Transformation of negative emotions into more positive energy
- Hatha Yoga to awaken the perception of the energy field
- Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha practice
- Initiation into Kriya Yoga Meditations
- Satyananda Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Discussions on chakras, prana and Kriya Yoga
- Havan (ancient fire ceremony) and Kirtan (mantra and music)
- Karma Yoga (yoga of meditative action)
is considered internationally to be a leading exponent of classical yoga and meditation and has been honoured with the title of Acharya (master) of yoga. She has achieved international renown for her commentary on the Hatha Yoga Pradipika (the original, authoritative text on hatha yoga). She has also authored Swara Yoga: The Tantric Science of Brain Breathing and Energy: The Spark of Life & Universal Goddess a book about yoga and personal growth for men and women, which is an eminently practical guide to these sometimes mystifying and esoteric practices.
Swami Muktibodha filters these deep practices and concepts through her down-to-earth Western eye, making them accessible and useful for all. Well versed in the scientific as well as traditional aspects of yoga, she is currently based in Brisbane, Australia teaching and lecture both locally and internationally.
Private Sessions available by appointment:
A unique opportunity to receive practices and insights to suit your personality, body type, health challenges and get direction or a personal program. Therapeutic applications and health consultations will be according to your needs.
NZ$550 (Early Bird if paid in full by 7th September 2016)
NZ$595 (Standard price)
(4 nights) includes shared accommodation, all meals and programmes.
Locals discount available.
$100 non-refundable deposit required to secure your place.
Part HANDS accepted.
Registration at 9am.
FOR BOOKINGS & INFORMATION:
+64 (3) 525 9887
EMAIL: yoga at anahata-retreat.org.nz